New Favorite Chick

I've been chosen.  I am The Chosen Person of one of the silver laced Wyandotte chicks that are nine weeks old today.
She/he wants to sit on my lap and be held.  She/he remembered that yesterday I had a sparkly necklace and was disappointed that today said necklace was hidden.
With all that red in the comb and waddles, is it an obvious boy?  Being so tame and gentle, is it an obvious girl?
All I can say for sure is that Paul Simon's song, The Obvious Child, seems the perfect name.  So it is.

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie! How soon before you can tell the sex? I hope Piper will share you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defintely a cutie! Can I say that if it's a he? Must have superior intelligence to have selected you as the Chosen One.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just don't know until it crows or lays an egg. Usually you can tell visually by stature and feathering but this chick falls in an ambiguous middle ground.
    When he/she comes out as a boy or a girl, do I have to change the name? It comes running now when I call "Obvious Child".

    ReplyDelete