Hen Marius Has Left the Building

Peacefully on the first day of Spring our dear, sweet Marius passed away.  Many tears were shed and we take comfort knowing that she had a pampered life for such a loving, gifted chicken.  Cricket, wonderful Green String farmer and artist, made necklace and earrings for me.

Condolences came from Paris, Tel Aviv, South Africa, Salem, NY... and a wish from Bee, who knows about such things, that Marius will be reborn.  If she does and you meet her, please give her a kiss from me.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Hylla, I'm so sorry to hear about Marius's passing. I know she meant a lot to you. She was a wonderful chicken. I'm glad you had the photo session with her to show how much character she had. Much sympathy to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Hylla. The necklace and earings are nice memory pieces.
    Binky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Nancy, thank you.
    Binky, I feel strange wearing her feathers but will try.
    It's almost time for 200 new chicks. Farmer Joe has named a lot of new ducklings "Marius" so the power of the name and tributes continue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hylla, I'm sorry about Marius. The necklace & earrings are beautiful keepsakes. I've had ferrets for years....they don't live as long as one would like. It's hard to lose our pets...they sure have a big presence don't they?

    ReplyDelete